Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Timberborn

[Image: tdbWBDT.jpg]

Hey everybody, decided to create a thread to discuss the released as of today post humanity beaver focused town/city builder Timberborn!
So far it looks great, I plan on picking it up myself here next paycheck, but I wanted to get discussions started on it!
and Trailer!

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[Image: 5.jpg]

Find -->
So having played it for a bit (I picked it up on sunday), I have to say, I did not expect it to use as many resources as it does, it runs fine but don't use super speed if your PC is older than about 8 years or so, it started lagging a bit on my 8 core 4.8ghz AMD FX CPU.

if your computer is reasonably modern though you should have no problems...

moving on from that it's a really well thought out game, balancing resources with expansion is the main goal as with any game of this type, I will say I haven't played as the new faction yet as I'm still playing with the first one you get which are more nature focused.

I'm looking forward to the new iron teeth faction because they're a more technology focused faction, where you live to work and work to live...

literally the beavers are grown in pods instead of the normal way, which is a real trick to get your head around since you get more finite control over population so long as you have resources to grow more, but it's more like a society of manufactured people rather than one grown to live with the environment.

it's an interesting approach for sure and fairly unique outside of science fiction novels.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[Image: 5.jpg]

Find -->