Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cities skylines 2?

so it's been more than 5 years since cities skylines came out, they've released 9 expansion packs and several DLC's including extra music, stylistic changes, and entire building sets. in a similar vein to the sims series of games.

over that time their release schedule has been pretty regular until recently.

now whether that's because of the pandemic or not there's a lot of speculation that this might be the lead up to the much anticipated sequel.

not much info is available at this time however it doesn't hurt to discuss the possibility, so what do you guys think?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[Image: 5.jpg]

Find -->
I would love to see one, but I'd be interested in getting a region of multiple cities sort of interconnected. That's the main feature I want to see, along with a higher agent limit that allows more realistic traffic simulation, and perhaps some more low level details of what it's like living in your own city (although C:S has already done pretty well here).

But if they put politics and region play into it again, I'd be upgrading my PC immediately to play it and they couldn't sell it to me fast enough. I'd be overjoyed.
Makestation Forums - The Ultimate Creative Arts Community
Find -->
That and Maybe Multi-player region play if it could be done right, I know SC4 experimented with it somewhat and SC2013 kinda flopped in the attempt (mostly due to the city tiles being too small). but if it were done right...

Find -->
Mutliplayer was a big part of Cities XL, and that flopped too. I'm not sure how they would really get it to work, besides maybe doing multiple mayers with multiple cities next to each other. What I'd fear is that every mayor would try to build a skyscraper city, and the suburbs would become skyscaper cities. If they could get the economics of it right (where the suburbs want people who are families who have homes, not skyscrapers) - it could be really neat.
Find -->
(10-01-2021, 03:29 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Mutliplayer was a big part of Cities XL, and that flopped too. I'm not sure how they would really get it to work, besides maybe doing multiple mayers with multiple cities next to each other. What I'd fear is that every mayor would try to build a skyscraper city, and the suburbs would become skyscaper cities. If they could get the economics of it right (where the suburbs want people who are families who have homes, not skyscrapers) - it could be really neat.

so no coruscant then? Tongue

honestly I'd love to see a massive city center with sprawling burbs as described in neuromancer's Boston,Atlanta, Metropolitan, axis, basically the eastern seaboard as one giant megacity at least 3x as big as it is now.

Find -->
Yea, but I'd want it to follow realistic progres, as in you have to work towards it. Rather than just plopping high density and having it all just come. That would bring much more culture to the cities which I think would be more realistic.
Find -->