Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

what old pc's do you own?

I collect a lot of old pc's so the idea behind the thread is obvious, do you have any old pc's that you still own and keep running? and if so what are they running?

I have about a dozen or so and most of them run either dos or linux, though I've been slowly putting command line linux distros so I can build from the ground up and make them more compatible, it's fun to learn this way! ^_^

so what do you guys do with your old pc's, and do you have any still around that you toy with from time to time?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[Image: 5.jpg]

Find -->
I have one HP Pavillion and then this big old server computer that was given to me by a friend. But that's about all Big Grin
Find -->
My hubby has a old PC that he built himself. I don't know the spec's since he basically built the computer himself. But it doesn't run at the moment. We both have laptop's which still run perfectly fine so he has no incentive to fix the PC at all.
Find -->
I've a few myself, mostly purpose built units designed to run stuff modern PC's can't but I do have them.

a 286 to run 16 bit era and before games.

a pentium 3 for running stuff my xp machine can't because it's too old, a pentium D with a geforce 550 for running everything the others can't, and then my modern desktop.

though I'm looking to build a 486 or a pentium 1 for some specific stuff.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[Image: 5.jpg]

Find -->