Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Grand Re-Opening

Welcome to Simmania!

Nothing is ever truly gone, information created nor destroyed, this is one of the key concepts in quantum physics and much like quantum particles Simmania, a site thought lost to time five years ago is once again back online.
back in 2009 Simmania was a small but growing community among users and fans who were reaching out beyond the large sites which dominated their communities. 
It went through several iterations over the years but always kept that core community alive and though lost in 2016 during a particularly chaotic time vestiges of that community remain.
After the recent uncovering of a saved database by the previous server owner and administrator of Simmania, Darth_Apple and I have worked over the last few months to restore and update the site and bring it up to modern standards while maintaining that which made Simmania great.
Though small it weathered many hurdles and stood strong against both time and adversity and though defeated shall rise again like a mighty phoenix from the ashes of its predecessor.
As of this day I officially announce the re-opening of Simmania to the public!
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[Image: 5.jpg]

Find -->
Very well said. 

It is with great honor and excitement that we announce this news. Simmania, as many of you know, is a very special, near, and dear community to us all. The news of its shutdown was deeply saddening to us all when it was announced in 2018. It was news that was profoundly unsettling. It just seemed as though it was too soon, that this was not supposed to be Simmania's final destiny.

Ever since we heard of the news, it has always been our intention to find a way to restore Simmania and to bring the community back online. Doing so was a difficult and long-process, but this community was simply special. It was special because of every single person who was here alongside the journey. It was special because of the years of memories that built friendships that have lasted a decade. It was special because of our grassroots story that brought us where we are today. 

Did we have ups and downs? Of course. But we've also grown. We've evolved. Simmania has transcended more than an entire decade. It has transcended entire eras of games. It has transcended many (far larger) forums and communities. It simply was never meant to die.

This news may seem as an unexpected surprise to many. In fact, it was something that was always thought to be impossible, but as one of the very first staff members of this website back in 2009, I can say this confidently: Saying "we can't" was NEVER the Simmania way. Those words were simply words we refused to say. If it needed to be done, we found a way.

And here, in 2021, three years later, we finally made it happen. Through months of hard work, we rebuilt Simmania to be the way that it was in its prime.  All posts, threads, forums, boards, users, and almost everything else has been completely transferred. We've rebuilt the design to look as close to SM3-SM4 as possible, and we've brought back every aspect possible of the original Simmania. We've done everything in our power to make it a smooth transition, as if the lights never went off at all.

What does this entail for our future? Only the road ahead can tell us. But it's a bright one. The original Simmania administration is back, and we're here to return Simmania where it belongs: On the internet, ready to shine for the world. Big Grin

A special thanks to Samerton for making this day possible. 

-Darth Apple (Blake) & SpookyZalost
- SM-2021 Administration
Makestation Forums - The Ultimate Creative Arts Community
Find -->
Welcome back Simmania!

So happy to see it back, thanks for all your hard work in making this possible!  Big Grin
Any issues? Please feel free to contact any staff member.

NAM Team | RTMT Team
it truly was crazy how well this turned out.

I'm really looking forward to where things go from here!
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

[Image: 5.jpg]

Find -->
Welcome back everyone! This could not have been accomplished without the support of a community that has existed so strong after so many years. It's unusual for communities to last as long as Simmania has. It truly is a testament to just how strong these bonds were, and to how deep our roots always were. 

This is only the beginning. The sky is the limit.
Makestation Forums - The Ultimate Creative Arts Community
Find -->